Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Silly plastic trees

Annie Zaidi of Known Turf nicely summarises some of the things that went wrong at Cinefan this year. I’m writing an overview of the fest myself and will be stressing the good things (since, after the confusion of the first couple of days, I thought it was more professionally managed on the whole than previous editions had been) - but it never hurts to be reminded of the many screw-ups that could so easily have been avoided. And yes, I had a run-in too with the neurotic "organiser-lady" Annie mentions in her post.

P.S. Have to say this: all the supposed high-level security (which had, among other things, entailed confiscating pens from some of us) broke down on the last day, when delegates and press-wallahs flashing single accreditation passes were being allowed to sneak in up to 6-7 people (without bag checks) through the special side-entrance.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umpteenth reiteration (ho-hum): comments completely unrelated to the post are a no-no. Use email. My ID's on the site.

    Also, don't pass judgement if you're too chicken to reveal your identity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sorry, my name is vivek. Dont visit your blog often enough to know the rules. Inadvertantly hit the 'publish' button before signing off. Since my intention wasn't to post nasty comments, no problem revealing my identity!
    Cheers
    -V

    ReplyDelete