It's been five years since this thing began. Nearly one-sixth of my life. To mark the occasion, here are five of the most pointless posts on this blog over the years. Any one of them is guaranteed to ensure that the reader never returns. (But you did, which says more about you than these posts say about me.)
- A nine-line masterpiece about a fish in a Zurich hotel. Serves absolutely no purpose other than to inform readers that I like sushi (which could easily have been done in three words).
- I donate blood and endure soggy biscuits. How gallant of me. Mainly written to remind viewers that I was spending a lot of time in hospitals.
- I go to the golf course and write a post that's nearly as scintillating as watching caddies walk around behind Jyoti Randhawa at 3 in the afternoon.
- Completely random lament with a gratuitous reference to a food blog that I never intended to start.
- This is the sort of thing that gives blogs a bad name, adding to the perception of a blogger as a social misfit who walks about with a camera in his neighborhood, taking photos of houses just so he can put up a half-witted post. The sort of thing people do on Facebook nowadays.
Anyone who wants to add to the list, feel free to browse the archives.