Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Found while rummaging through old cupboards...

... an appointment booklet from one of my mother’s Bombay trips, when she was pregnant with me. 


The main obstetrician mentioned here, Dr Rustom Soonawala, is very well-known in his field (checking online, I learn that not only were Ranbir, Karisma and Kareena Kapoor delivered by him, but that “Vijay Mallya flew RP to Los Angeles to deliver his son Sidhartha”. All in a day’s work for a kingfisher, I suppose). But I was more amused to see one of the other names, Dr MC Watsa. 


That’s Mahinder Watsa, who has been writing the “Ask the Sexpert” column for Mumbai Mirror for a couple of decades. He’s 96 now, and still replying to sex questions. Penguin published his book It’s Normal! a few years ago and it has some enjoyably silly humour in it. I wonder if my mother met him back then, and if he said anything outrageous to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment