Friday, September 01, 2006

Silly pigs

Amit's tagged me demanding I post a silly pig of myself. There are many such, but I don’t have most of them at mouseclick's reach – so here’s a readily available, doped-out one from back in the days when I used to spend hours on end pondering the secrets of the universe. (Naturally this meant there was no time to shave.) During one such meditation, a friend (I had friends then) took this photograph.

It’s enough to scare away the likes of Gabbar Singh, Alan Moore and sundry other Yetis and hermits of hirsuteness, or so I like to tell myself. No?





And as a bonus, here's a silly but nice caricature – it was done by the cartoonist Ajit Ninan, formerly of Target and India Today magazines. The copy of the afternoon paper Today (where I was working at the time) is supposed to be the diving board/launch pad for my journalistic career.
(Click to enlarge)

8 comments:

  1. Do you know that in the cartoon you look like a young and earnest Rajiv Gandhi doing his daily stretches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. More importantly, the message beside the cartoon says "Click to enlarge". I wish it was that simple for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pig on top. Yes you got it right. you look exactly like a silly mama pig. Jiggetty Jig

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your caricature really looks like that of young Rajov Gandhi's, esp the nose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jai, I've met you three or four times so far, and you've never resembled any of those two pigs you've posted!

    You're putting your stalkers off your trail, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pic had blackmail potential...now all gone. Damn.

    (strange word verification code: aoasos )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, Rajiv Gandhi, it is! Though not in the Gabbar-lookalike photo. Oh, were you at Today? I wrote articles for them off and on. Am going to put them up soon in my new blog.

    ReplyDelete