Friday, April 15, 2011

TEDx talk about film writing

I'm giving a talk on film literature at this TEDx event at the Netaji Subhas Institute of Techonology on April 17, around 11 AM. Nothing very elaborate - it'll only be around 20-25 minutes - but it'll give me a chance to touch on some of the things I've written in the past about film reviewing and cinema books, and to briefly discuss Jaane bhi do Yaaro: Seriously Funny Since 1983 and The Popcorn Essayists. (I've also been tinkering about incompetently with Powerpoint - for the first time in more than 10 years - and it's a minor wonder my computer hasn't crashed. Yet.)

Anyone interested in showing up for the talk needs to register here. But the video will probably be online at some point anyway.

6 comments:

  1. Jai, if it's a TEDx talk it will *have* to be under 18 mins. One of the rules of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gautam: that rule has been stretched at a couple of the TEDx events I know of! But I'll keep the talk to under 22 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you be putting up the word version of your talk on your blog? Would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dillikidiva: I'll consider putting up a version of the text sometime, once I have the time to structure it - it's basically made up of some of the notes about film literature that I've put up on this blog in the past, as well as general observations about my two books. The actual talk was a condensed version, because I was mindful of not speaking for more than 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When will you stop speaking/writing about Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro in your blog?

    ReplyDelete