Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tehelka review (and on posing for photos)

Big thrill to have The Popcorn Essayists reviewed by Baradwaj Rangan for Tehelka, though I'm greedy enough to wish that the review had been longer. A note about the accompanying photograph - it probably looks a bit cocky (author striking narcissistic pose in front of mirror), but anyone who knows me will know that the thought bubble above my head reads thus:

"What an idiot I'll look like if they use THIS photo along with a negative review of the book! Heck, what an idiot I look like anyway. Oh no, the chair is tipping over. Must maintain balance and grin simultaneously. Grin. Balance. Grin. Keep the kitschy red shirt in the frame. Oh phew, there's the flash. Thud."

P.S. for an even sillier photo, see this.

8 comments:

  1. All you need is a gun and you can then go 'you talkin' to me?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my luck it would go off just as the chair toppled over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this photo, and I thought: "I can just imagine Ajit in one of his later roles, fedora tipped back, fat cigar in corner of mouth..."

    And yes, I do wish the review was longer too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dustedoff: much as I love Ajit, would he wear such a cool shirt? On the other hand, I don't have a fedora. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jabberwock: Yup, you're right - that shirt is certainly the winner. Three-piece white suits fall far back in the race!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop fishing for compliments on the fotograf. It is a great pic! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha this is your stud avatar i guess. whatever happened to the geek who wrote this blog!!

    ReplyDelete