Tuesday, April 04, 2006


The Kitab Festival is on between April 7-9 at the India Habitat Centre. Full schedule here. I’ll be covering it as a journalist and that’s the part I’m looking forward to (screw the literati, what I really want is to ask Goldie Hawn what Ingrid Bergman was like to work with). But I’m also participating in one of the panel discussions on Saturday. [Note: “participating” is a euphemism for stuttering through sentences like “I am a blogger. We are personal online journals, pleased to meet you”, gawping at the luminaries on the panel and generally feeling ill-disposed towards group discussions and life.]

Details here.


  1. if you feel so strongly about it, you should avoid going. it's better than being hypocritical about the issue.

  2. No, I think I'll go. Hypocrisy is one of my favourite qualities.

  3. Way to go, dudesy. We'll have the works ready -- laurel, marigold, band party and ghodi.
    And hypocrisy is like a shot of rum. Makes life that much easier. lastly eff the holier-than-thous.

  4. Jab, Jab, go...
    And tell me what Goldie Hawn looks like. Tell me what you think her age is (they say she covers it well with that wild golden mane). And if you can ask that Ingrid Bergman question, I'll waiting for that answer. That must make for one post, right?

  5. Hypocrisy is one of my favourite qualities.

    you must be a happy man :)

  6. So how was it? I was there for 2 days (Fri and Sun).. missed your day (or should I say Goldie Hawn) in between coz I had a fall at that very place (IHC - stein audi) and managed to sprain my ankle enough to not drive around.